Saturday, July 30, 2011

Another Garden Pallet

I finished up my second garden pallet yesterday! The first one can be found HERE. I needed a little more "fun" with this one, so I painted the center planks a different color and added a wall hanging that I picked up at the thrift store for $2.98.
This one was to block the A/C unit.
A shot with the neighbors unit....much better covered up!!
The plaque I picked up at the thrift store. I think I'm going to change the color on it though!!

I painted mine laying down and went over the yellow paint with the green I used while it was still wet to tone down the yellow a little.
Propped it up and lined up my stakes with the back planks from the pallet.

I drilled some holes right in the frame and placed my lanterns again.



I have had a lot of responses to the FIRST ONE I made and one of the questions was, how to make it sturdy?

I had on hand some PT stakes that I had bought a while back, it was a bundle of 10-12 for like $6. I found them at Home Depot in the lumber department.
Now, this is NOT very sturdy, but the placement that I have mine in they don't need to be. If you wanted them more sturdy I would suggest making some stakes out of 2x4's or use some re-bar.
Place a shim on the top and hammer in the stake to your desired height and strength. The piece of wood helps not split your wood when your using the hammer to the top of  it.


Screw the stakes to the back and paint it to match.

My flower box fell off of the first one so I'm going to paint something on the piece of wood that is still there.


Hope this answers some questions:)

~ Desiree ~
Linking to:


DIY Club


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

9 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with this pallet-you inspired me with your last one! I used mine as a "picket fence" in a flower bed and attached it to the fence that it covered up with plastic tie straps. I love the way it looks! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a seriously clever idea! It looks so great covering up the A/C unit and seeing it next to your neighbors it makes it even more obvious what an improvement it is! :-) Thanks so much for sharing another fantastic project with us at Inspiration Friday last week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant idea!! we featured you today. thanks for linking up!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love the colors and all of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Been racking my brain for a way to cover my A/C unit, this is definitely it! Just wondering a couple things, A) where can I get the pallets? And B) how could I connect pallets to cover 3 sides of the unit? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see pallets everywhere! Behind grocerie stores, Home Depot, and industrial whearhouses. I would just over lap the sides on the front one with each of the sides ones. If you want them to be attached check the hardware section or hurricane straps...might be able to find something.

      Delete
  6. Love the idea and the color you painted it! Where do you get your pallets from? I love this idea for covering up the air conditioner. Good job! Really looks nice with not much cost, just a little labor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea and the color you painted it! Where do you get your pallets from? I love this idea for covering up the air conditioner. Good job! Really looks nice with not much cost, just a little labor!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...