Monday, November 28, 2011

DIY Pine Cone Topiaries

I'm always looking for ways to decorate with NO budget. I made some egg topiaries a couple of years ago for Easter HERE and I wanted to line my pathway for Christmas this year. I go "road side" shopping all the time and last year I gathered a bunch of large pine cones and just had them sitting in a basket, witch I liked so I now need to go get more.

This was SO simple and I had it done in about 10 min.
You will need
1. drill
2. large pine cones
3. bamboo skewers
4. something to tap your bamboo skewers in..pizza cutter...lol
Drill a hole in the bottom of the pine cone. My drill pit size was 3/16.
Some pieces may fall off and you can keep them for crafts. I drilled on a slight angle for better leverage.

I save old spice containers for future craft projects.
I needed something smaller than a hammer for the skewers, that's  when the pizza cutter came in handy.

Stick your pine cone on the bamboo skewer.




I got lucky a few weeks ago when the lawn guys cut down a bunch of oak trees. I had been looking for tree stumps on craigslist for a while.

I did a couple of clumping tree stumps with ribbon around them and I LOVE it!

This was all FREE! My kind of decor :-)


Linking to:

{Primp}Home Stories A2Z
Photobucket

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...