Saturday, January 14, 2012

Junk Planter {painted wheelbarrow}

When I spotted this old broken wheelbarrow leaning up against my mother in-law's barn, I had to do something with it!!

I knew leaving it it's original color of red would look too "junky"  for her...but PURPLE is her favorite color and it just so happened that I had a gallon of free paint from my dump haul.  I slapped on a couple of coats and placed her bird feeder next to it.

The plants cost about $20.

 Yes I didn't paint all the way down...once the plants fill out it will cover it.



I forgot to take a before picture, but this is kind of what it looked like..minus the wheel and add more rust:-)


Linking to:

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

4 comments:

  1. your plants look great, wish it were warmer here! I like the wheel barrel too!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! I love all the plants you put in it! Makes me so excited for summer! Thanks for your sweet comment on my thread holder!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good! oh, how i envy your warm winter!

    thanks so much for coming to visit my blog and leaving me such a kind comment! i tried to reply via email but your google account is set to "no reply"...get on that, girl!!

    and, yes, you can send me a photo of anything that you on which want an opinion and i'll be glad to offer one up!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...