Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ballard Designs Inspired Whitewashed Table



I have had my eye on Ballard Designs "Ceylon" outdoor collection for some time now.  With a price tag of $479 for just the table, it's never going to happen!

 
via Ballard Designs
 
via Ballard Designs
 This what the table looked like before....a yellowish blonde wood?
It was at least a lighter colored wood making it easier to get a nice whitewashed finish.
 
 
I sanded the whole thing down and did a light layer of watered down grey paint over the whole thing to help tone some of the "yellow" down before layering the white dry brush on.
 






Instagram Shot:)
 
This is my third whitewashed piece and I have tried a different technique each time!
 
It's just paint and most of the time if I didn't like what I was seeing I could just wipe it off.
 
Now for the pretty shots!
 
 
 


 



If you are in the Orlando area, she is for sale! $125
Linking To:
Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingTickled Pink at 504 MainLiz Marie Blog






Furniture Feature Fridays

DIY Show Off
sewchatty

3 comments:

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...