Sunday, September 7, 2014

Fall Wreath

I'm not a big fan of the bright orange and brown Fall wreaths you see in a lot of stores this time of year and I don't think I will ever get over grape vine wreaths either! I own about six of them and still need more...hehe
 



I started out by making all the fabric flowers from scrap fabric and yellow burlap. I used YouTube to find a couple videos on how to make them and went with it.



I randomly placed the flowers along the bottom adding some yellow paper flowers from Michael's to fill in some small holes. I didn't want waste a 4" piece of burlap so I turned it into a bow and added a little grey wooden button to the center. It matched perfectly with grey fabric I used!  



 
 
Here the items I ended up using...minus the wheat on the ends.
  
 
 
 
1. yellow burlap: Hobby Lobby
2. jute twine
3. small clothes pins: Target $1 spot
4. canvas banner: Hobby Lobby
5. yellow flowers: Michael's $1.50 spot
6. button: Michael's $1.50 spot
7. metal letters: given to me 
 


 
 
 
I hot glued the metal latters to the canvas banner and trimmed them in jute as well to make them pop. Added yellow flowers at the top for a little color.
 
 
There you have it!
 
Simple and fun wreath for Fall.
 
 
 Linking To:
DIYShowOff
 

ItsOverflowing
Say G'Day Saturday

3 comments:

  1. Hey Desiree this is STUNNING! I love your twist on the tags. Very original and creative! I am going to have to make one for my door lol. Hope you get a chance to stop by my new blog http://www.liverandomlysimple.com when you have a spare moment in your crazy busy blogging life lol. Have a great night,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous wreath! I LOVE it! Pinned!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!! i also like to have one of these.... i already was searching for an idea :) thanks - pinned!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...