Saturday, December 15, 2018

How to Make a Faux Gingerbread Cookie Wreath

Living on a budget really helps the mind get creative. I see things laying around that are free and always think, "what can I make out of that!" I was seeing a lot of gingerbread Christmas décor last year but this year, wow! It's inspired me and since I'm not big on baking, not that I can't It's not what I enjoy most. The mess and seeing all that hard work gone in about an hour 🤣 I would rather spend my time elsewhere in the home. Then it dawned on me that the cardboard boxes that keep arriving for Christmas have that gingerbread brown color! 

All of my hard work won't get eaten & I can enjoy it again next year!





What you'll need!

  • White puffy paint
  • Cardboard: thinner cardboard is easier to cut
  • Cookie cutter or silhouette for tracing
  • Scissors or X-acto knife
  • Hot glue
  • Ribbon



First you'll want to trace your star shape out (less of an intricate shape makes it easier to cut) and cut them all out. This is a smaller wreath and I used 
16 total faux cookies
12 snowflakes
4 all white snow flakes.



For assembling I did an alternating stacking pattern, over, under, over, under etc. type of layering and hot glued them all together forming a circle. SO EASY! Add some decorative ribbon & hang it!







I love that you can make this look elegant, vintage, kid friendly or mix it in with classic red & green décor! It's very versatile in style! 
Happy Holidays everyone!

PIN IT!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...