To my new follower's, Welcome! Thank you for the support:) I have been supper busy with my two son's birthdays, Thanksgiving, & now Christmas!!
But here is the transformation.
More Before & After Photo's can be found HERE: Removed the caning, sanded her down, & filled in some places with paintable/stainable wood filler. See the top left hand side...
Primed her with Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover 2x Primer. 1 can of Primer, 2 cans of "white" Spay Paint, & 1 can of Gloss Clear for a sealer.
For the seat. I made a template out of newspaper, traced it onto 1/4" MDF & cut it out with the jig-saw. Now, since this is a child's chair I used 1/4" If this was an adult seat I would use a thicker piece of MDFSome of my fabric choices.....
I Loved the Salmon & Gray Floral ones, but they didn't go well with the size of the small chair. The patterns are to adult-ish.
Try laying your fabric out before you decide on one. You might like the design of one, but it may not suite your piece of furniture well. I wish I had photo's of the 2 other fabric choices on the chair...they didn't go well.For the cushion part, I traced out the same seat pattern onto a piece of 1" foam.
I did cover the cushion with batting, then the fabric, & staple gunned the fabric to the MDF. It can be a little tricky. Folding the fabric over it's self worked best.
Screw the seat to the chair from the under side. I used screws that are flat on the end & pre-drill your holes before you screw the seat down. This will help remove some the foam & batting. And your DONE!