Sunday, November 5, 2017

DIY Corbel Shelf

I've been wanting to add something under this mirror we have hanging on a small wall next to our back sliding door and I wasn't really finding exactly what I wanted. While I was at Lowe's one day I found these cute scroll corbels and knew they would be perfect to make a shelf! 
The corbels are about 8" deep so I picked up a natural pine board as well (8"x48") and I cut the length to size. 




















I stained the corbels in Minwax's Special Walnut.



 After the stain dries completely, paint a coat or two of white over it and sand to distress them.






This is what the corbels look like when they are done! I want to make more just to use for décor! Aren't they pretty? For about $15 you can get a custom built look!



What do you think? Let me know if you make one of your own! I love seeing your projects inspired by the blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...