Thursday, July 26, 2012

Refinished Dining Room Set

I have finally finished the dining room set! I have a couple more of the cain chairs that came with it to refinish though...good enough for now:)

You would never believe I pulled this set out of the dumpster!!!

 

I still need to paint that back wall.





I bought those two claw foot chairs at a thrift store a while back for $8 each! LOVE  THEM!! I refinished those two in a light blue.

In the pictures the blue chairs appear more like a bright blue but they're not.





I reupholster the four chairs in a linen like fabric.







A shot of the BEFORE!


I had a hard time finding some BEFORE shots....it was so ugly that I tried to never get a full shot of the set!!


A shot of the mid way point!!


You can see more of the table refinishing in this POST.

ANDDDD the NOW!!!

LOVE IT:))




I like mismatched chairs with dining room sets. It gives it a less formal feeling.


~ These are some of my inspiration photos ~


Via Pinterest ~ Unknown


Via Pinterest ~ Unknown
Via Sara Richardson
Via Our Humble Abode

Via House of Turquoise



What do you think?? I think my husbands not a fan...a little too girlie for him.


Linking To:
shabby creek cottage
Primitive and ProperFurniture Feature FridaysLiz Marie Blog






Home Stories A2ZFunky Junk's Sat Nite Special


{Primp}The 36th AVENUE
”Little



House of Rose

12 comments:

  1. sooooo beautiful! i especially love those blue chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it! I have some of the same inspirational photos you do. Sarah Richardson is one of my all-time favorite designers. Love the mismatched chairs! You did a fabulous job. Hopped over from Transformation Thursday and I'm happy to be your newest follower (don't know whey my pic is showing up at the moment). Anyway...would love to have you stop by for a visit and follow me back. Blessings ~ Judy http://www.vintagestreetdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great transformation!! And what a steal for those awesome chairs! I love the door in the corner too! Found you on Liz Marie Linky Party :)

    Zorrie
    www.sugarandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dining room - I want to come for dinner lol.
    I had to check where you're from because it looks like a dining
    room in Europe ( and that's the highest compliment I can give you
    in my books! )
    Your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow
    back :)
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dining set and your room. I am about to embark on doing the same thing to my set in my breakfast room. I love your colours and the fact that you painted the chairs two different colours. Thank you for sharing.

    Kim
    Letters from the Shore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! The colors work perfectly together! Visiting from Primitive & Proper!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, but think my hubby would think it was too girly like yours! I'm sure it was a lot of hard work, so be sure to take a break! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just amazing!!!!!

    Featuring your project today at Create & Inspire

    XO
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the color and mix of chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the designs. So cool! I also like of your contemporary dining tables. Keep on posting your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your dining sets are inspirational design for makover my dining room as i think, some time we buy furniture merely for decor our home, But in my opinion quality is most important thing when you buying furniture for your home.
    Outdoor Timber Furniture

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...