Friday, August 24, 2018

DIY Shabby Chic Fabric Pumpkins

Our two older boys are back in school and we were sad to see Summer go! I'm glad to have a little bit of a routine back in place though and it's back to hours of homework every night after school. haha
I know most people wait till September to start Fall décor but I needed something to get my creative ideas flowing again after our Summer break! A new season always brings inspiration and I always try to make something for each season every year. This way my little ones see and get to help as they grow up, as did my two older boys growing up.
I made a No Sew Fabric Pumpkins a few years back that can be found HERE but I wanted to make some shabby chic fabric pumpkins this year and doing a simple running stitch was easier than using a bunch of hot glue with two little ones!





  • 1. You will first want to find something round to trace onto your fabric of choice. The larger the circle, the larger the pumpkin obviously. I wanted medium to large pumpkins so this piece of wood filled up the fabric I had on hand.


  • 2. Cut out your fabric and this doesn't have to be exactly right. It will all be bunched up in the middle in the end.


  • 3. Do a running stitch around the outer edge of the fabric and pull tight to gather it all together creating a pocket to fill.




  • 4. Stuff your fabric pumpkin with poly-fil and pull the top tight.



  •  5. Find a stick of your liking and just stick it into the opening at the top and pull your running stitch tight. If you want to add a little hot glue to the top to help secure it you can.




6. Once you've closed off the top of your pumpkin you can embellish however you like! I have a lot of lace on hand so I used what I have but you could make a burlap/fabric maple leaf or just finish off with a jute rope tie.




I ended up making a crocheted doily one too! To add a little bling, I used some costume jewelry I had and pearls.





I can't ever bring myself to waist anything so with the smaller pieces of fabric I made a few more mini shabby chic fabric pumpkins! Aren't they cute? They would even be cute at a place setting!


What do you think? Are you going to give these a try? The possibilities of fabric and decorating of them is endless!

PIN IT FOR LATER!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...