Friday, May 18, 2012

Interior Door Turned Decorative Shelf { DIY }

When I pulled this door out of the dumpster I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it but I knew I would use it!



 Ikea shelf brackets and a pallet plank.

The UGLY BEFORE:
don't mind the mess please.


I primed and painted the door in grey.


The grey before I dry brushed it with white.


During the "go crazy with the paint brush"



Glaze in the grooves.


And wipe off the excess. Sanded all the edges.


I added hinges from Home Depot.




I had some brackets sitting around in the garage, so I added a pallet shelf to the door.


I LOVE galvanized buckets.


Not to bad for FREE right?!?!

I might add some decorative painted details to it but for now it's good enough.

The door turned out to be just a cheap interior door but I just went with it and I now have a nice statement piece in our dining room.

The dining room is slowly coming together :)



Linking To:
Furniture Feature FridaysFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialA Little Inspiration Whipperberry Photobucket
{Primp}Home Stories A2Z
House of Rose

7 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! That is amazing!! Thanks for sharing at Create & Inspire!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I especially love the galvanized bucket touch - super cute! I just pinned it so that I could remember this fabulous idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the little shelf you added :) I would love for you to share this at our Friday Block Party over at Curb Alert! as my readers sure do love a good dumpster find! Come join us!
    Tami @ Curb Alert!
    http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/05/friday-block-party-5-feature-from-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. You did such a great job. And all the accessories look beautiful with it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool. I love that bucket and the old stack of books too. I'm a new follower, if you feel so inclined I'd love it if you stopped my blog too.
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute! And a great way to repurpose an old door, I Love the color and the hinges!
    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...