Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmas Home Tour Blog Hop: A Vinatge Christmas

I can't believe Christmas is actually here again! It's definitely my favorite holiday, like most of you I'm sure!  It's always so much fun to be joining my blogger friends this time of year! Everyone always shares such great inspiration and traditions.
 Welcome to our home for Christmas! I'll be sharing our living room, kitchen & master bedroom. My goal this year was to keep it simple and classic. Trying to let the greenery of Christmas be the showcase with vintage touches. Candles, chippy windows, classic ribbon and subtle touches of red. 




The thing that I was most excited to pull out this year, was this super full natural looking garland! There were only two left last year at Hobby Lobby when I went after Christmas for their 70% off sale. I was happy for the two and hoping to get a few more for the front of our house this year after Christmas. Ticking stripe is always classic and adds the perfect touch of vintage to the holidays.
I used this ribbon in black for our living room and the red in our bedroom HERE!
I really can't get enough of the natural beaded garlands this year! They add a little touch of coziness and texture to the space. I put one sentimental piece on both sides of our "mantel" this year. The reindeer (on the left) was made by my husbands grandmother and the rocking horse (on the right) came from my grandmother.  






I did some tweaking to these stockings I found on Amazon to make them have more of vintage look. You can find the tutorial HERE!




We LIVE in our living room....four kids. Two of them are toddlers so I wanted to keep it still functional. Just switching out the pillows to holiday ones and adding one festive throw to the mix of blankets in our living room. There isn't much on the tables because of little fingers but the pinecones and greens can just be played without any harm done! 🤣




This was the first year that I've decorated our bedroom and I wanted to just warm up the space and keep it classic.  You can see more of our master bedroom HERE!




Our kitchen is very simple with copper touches and fresh greens. I recently found that antique copper colander at an antique fair and just had to keep it out on display for the holidays so I could enjoy its beauty! 




DIY's are always so much more fun during the holidays! I painted that large Christmas Tree Farm sign last year and you can see how I displayed it HERE!






My girlfriend Cat, over at Sagehill Cottage did a post on DIY advent wreaths! After seeing her beautiful wreaths, I threw together this one with stuff I already had. White bunt cake pan, a mix of fresh & faux greens, cinnamon sticks and candles.


I'm sure we all spend hours in front the sink daily and I wanted some Christmas cheer right there to look at. I love old vintage pieces and brought out my favorite pitcher, creamer & scale.






PIN IT FOR LATER!


I hope you've enjoyed our Holiday home tour here and you'll go check out the lovely bloggers below! Everyone always blows my mind with how beautiful their homes are during the most wonderful time of the year!


Monday

Amy Cuter Tudor

Caitlin Lion and Lantern

Desiree  Camelot Art Creations

 

Tuesday

Wednesday


7 comments:

  1. Desiree, I love it ALL!! I love the touches of red. My favorite thing has to be the stockings you did. They are so sweet. It all looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desiree, I swear you outdo yourself every year. Love the touches of red! Every space is picture perfect. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks so welcoming for Christmas! I love how you used the filled Santa bag as an additional holiday pillow on your couch! The Merry Christmas banner on your tree didn't escape my eye, either! Your decorated master bedroom is perfect! I tried that last year and my husband had a fit...I had it decorated for two whole days! Merry Christmas! Perhaps I will see you at the snow in Celebration! The girls are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desiree! I’m head over heels for your Christmas home my beautiful friend! You are so incredibly talented and I feel so blessed to know you! What an amazingly cozy Christmas home you have created for your loved ones. You can tell that in all your design...it’s for them�� and I love that about you. I’m not even going to go into how much I adore your Advent wreath or how flattered I am that you are incorporating this tradition into your family. Obsessed! Love you sweet girl! And merriest of Christmas’s to you and yours��

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I have seen your home and its beautiful. I love everything. thanks for a great tour. Maria

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...