Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Winter Love Valentines Tablescape

I'm excited to be joining some blogger friends today in a Valentine Tablescape blog hop! Thank you, Chloe at Celebrate and Decorate for inviting me! I already had a Winter table setting already in the works, so I just added onto that. You can find the details on the Winter Centerpiece HERE! I like creating décor that can work for multiple purposes. Just add in color, shapes, textures, etc. & you now have a different look!

I love pink & I love blue, so this year I mixed the two together and it turned out soft and elegant but not over the top. I try not to buy seasonal décor anymore because it's just not what my heart likes. I like antiques, vintage, things that have history & a story behind them. Like the blue antique plates that can be used for many occasions, not just Valentines. 


I recently found the blue and white vintage plates at an antique fair for a $1 each! I love the delicate details around the edge and the feminine blue pattern on the plates. I pared them with my octagon ironstone saucers, mini heart shape trays & blue plaid farmhouse style napkins. Staying with the same color dishes but mixing shapes and patterns helps the flow of your eye not fix on one thing. The napkins and heart shaped trays are from Target Dollar Spot. The gold flat wear is actually plastic and very well priced for a elegant look! I tied a small rubber band around all three utensils, fanned them out & wrapped pink lace around the rubber band to cover it up. Simple & pretty!  




One thing that makes the treat setting a little easier for me, is buying store bought treats. They are SOOOO good anyways and I just dress them up a little. I used my heart punch and cut out some book page hearts for cupcake toppers! The heart cutouts go with the book page placemats this way too. Those were Vanilla Bean Cupcakes from Target and they had cream inside! So yumyyyyy! 









I love decorating with book pages. They bring that vintage feel that I love so much & the plates needed a placemat but I didn't want it to get too fancy. That's where the book pages came in and the color of the pages tie in with the color of the birch tree centerpiece.






The real touch Tulips are my favorite! They look so real and never die, bonus! ❤ With how full the center of the table was, I decided to use a single stem Tulip in the glass jars with a pink lace bow tied around the top of the jars.







Hope you've enjoyed my Winter Valentine Tablescape and you'll go visit the other boggers from the beginning of the week and the rest of the week!







20 comments:

  1. Beautiful table! I love vintage blue and white plates and your use of the book pages and sweet hearts! My eye is drawn to your runner which is so interesting visually with all your organic materials, pretty tulips and candles down the center. It’s a treat to blog hop with you this week, Happy Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How soft and pretty Desiree, I love the light fresh feeling created with all the whites and delicate elements and the soft pink tulips. Your antique plates are lovely, and the pink cupcake is just the right Valentine touch! So glad you could join us for the Valentine fun this week!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely table, and with your sweet theme, it is certainly Valentine. I love the centerpiece, those pretty plates and I'd like to have one of those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is beautiful! The blue dishes are lovely. I like how soft and feminine this looks. Your center arrangment is beautiful. It flows and has a nice softness to it. Love the pretty cupcakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desiree, I'm new to your blog, but this certainly won't be my last visit! When you said vintage, I knew I was in for a treat. Those plates are so perfect in your styling, and the use of the book pages as placemats brilliant. As a dealer in vintage and antiques, it's always so nice to see things being repurposed and used creatively as you've done. The entire room is so inviting, as is your blog! Consider me your newest email subscriber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desiree, it is so nice to meet you! Oh how I love the blue and white plates, and for a dollar each! Your table is so lovely with so many wonderful details. Thanks for inviting us in, and it is a pleasure to blog hop with you! Happy Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Your table is so soft and inviting with lots of delicate details.
    The whole atmosphere of your room and table is just wonderful. Thanks for joining us in our hop. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pleasure to meet you Desiree. The blue and white plates are lovely. Love the little heart plates and the sweet cupcake. Very creative using the book pages. Candlelight is always romantic. A pleasure to join you on this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a soft and romantic feel to your table and tulips are always a delight. Using book pages as decor is so economical and effective. Thanks for planting the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Desiree, your table is so, so beautiful. What a find on that pretty china. I love pink and blue, too. I think they both paired well on your table. We are both kindred spirits in our belief of decorating with things that tell a story. It has been so much fun being on this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tablescape is so charming! Happy to be joining you on the hop this week. Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  12. Desiree, what a beautiful table with so many unique and special details. I would have never guessed the gold flatware was plastic! A great idea I've pinned for a future table. Love the mix and matching of shapes, old and new, fancy and practical. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy we met those couple of years ago, and I keep getting inspired whenever I stop in here at Camelot Art Creations. This tablescape is no exception. You style things so lovely without being "in your face". Your style is always soft and serene and leaves me with a sense of peace and calm. I don't know how you do it because I know you house is full and busy! Thank you for joining in another blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Desiree, your table is so soft and beautiful. I love your pastel colors. Your plates were a bargain and a lucky find. Using gold plastic flatware was genius. Great Job.It is a pleasure to blog hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous table. I love the use of a lot of white and various pastels. The light sage greenery and soft candlelight adds so much to the delicate look of your table. Your use of some rustic touches like pinecones and birch candleholders. The single tulip in the bottle with a lace ribbon speaks of simplicity yet elegance. I love the white spray hanging from your lights. So a lovely touch. So beautiful against your bright and sunny background. Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Desiree, those blue dishes are beautiful. What a wonderful find. I love how you mixed in pattern with the dish towels. I’m a tulip girl too and I love using just one in a glass jar. Really pretty and sweet. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the the soft, romantic look you have created with the combination of colors and textures. Your blue and white dishes were an amazing find. The natural elements and book pages give it such a unique look. It's all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet and classy! I l collect vintage plates so I'm absolutely in love with your arrangement: it's a very romantic way to celebrate Valentine's day! Greetings from Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Desiree, I love the softness and sweetness of this setting. So serene and elegant and as utterly romantic as a first kiss. Tulips are my favorite at this time of year - I'll have to check out the real touch tulips! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely magazine worthy, pinworthy and swoonworthy! I love it all! Like you, I prefer to use vintage instead of store bought Valentine's Day decorations. Your use of blue is unexpected and refreshing and still looks perfectly soft and romantic. I would love for you to link up this post at Thursday Favorite Things this week. You can find the party on my blog at 9:00 est Thursday-Sat. at midnight.

    So happy to be joining you on the hop! Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
    Amber
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/five-inspiring-valentines-day-tablescapes/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...